Wednesday 27 October 2010

NEW PAINTING STAGE 4 +5


I can never remember how the painting develops usually so these photos are useful, and I don't make a secret of my process it's just that I usually forget. I try to stick to the traditional 'fat on thin'.

As you can see in STAGE 4  I've been working on the Aloe. I worked as far as I could go just using turps to thin the oil paint. It needed to dry before I could take it any further which meant I started bringing up the bowls.

I started the bowls in a new session. The time flies when I paint and the hours go by and sometimes I only stop because of lack of daylight. I used the paint medium, to thin the oils so that they would dry glossy. My intention with the bowls is to do a number of layers so that I can create depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment